Friday, April 21, 2006

mamma-damma

Eloise called me Mamma-damma today... and then decided to call Ruby "Rooba-dooba". They are both very into playing with names and words, singing, experimenting with rhymes. Ruby will occasionally just come up to me and say, "Hey Moms..." - for no real reason. It cracks me up every time.

The girls have been doing a bunch of running around the house without pants or diapers on these days, which means I've become a slave to the papertowel roll. Today I decided to be eco-conscious and use towels and washcloths to clean up any accidents, but then I discovered that I have to do a really icky load of laundry right away. It's all very draining to say the least. Well, I should say that my clean ups have at least sparked their interest in public toilets. They successfully went pee in grown up toilets twice today (yes, that's a grand total of 4 identified pee urges!) and I was so proud. What a hysterical thing to be proud of!

I wish I had the energy or creativity to say something entertaining about my daily interactions, but I'm just so beat by the end of the week. Today was particularly exhausting because I was alone with the girls from 7 AM to 7 PM - with minimal interaction with friends - mostly we were outside on the playground, walking around everywhere, soaking up sun, playing soccer on the waterfront (that was truely FUN). We joined our pals Chelsea and Ben and Hazel for dinner at Flatbread - where I slugged a delicious beer and stuffed my face. Going out to eat is much more relaxing with Myles around... but we're getting better at it all the time. Maybe today was just a little taste of the year ahead... except I won't be in sweet Burlington... instead I'll be lonely in a strange place with a new and needed-to-be-cozied home, trying to muster up the energy to have fun without a "Home by 6" Dad around.

Ooooh. I am SO not looking forward to being a single mom again. ick.

No comments: