Monday, April 02, 2007

We Are 3!


Pluto
Originally uploaded by mollieholliday.
After lots of time spent thinking of how to report on our amazing vacation, I have opted to just post lots of pictures on the flickr site. There is way too much to say... mostly along the lines of "Disney World is awesome", which sounds kind of lame and "ohmygod my kids are totally grown up". Then I could talk for hours on how much I ate while I was there and how being in a maternity bathing suit is the most humiliating experience ever. I will spare everyone with those silly complaints - and instead I'll whine and moan about Myles' busy schedule. I knew this spring would be tough hours for him, but I forgot how bad BAD really is.

So much of my life has turned back in to basic survival skills - those skills that got me through a couple of winters in Burlington with little babies - counting hours, killing time, reminding myself that things will get better if I'm just patient and make it to bedtime. Ruby and Eloise are tremendous and easy and this pregnancy is a breeze - but the baby is a MOVER. Considering that my uterus was stretched out with 12 pounds of baby before, Pickle has plenty of room to torment me at odd hours. My best description would be trapping a rodent in a pillowcase... and well, swallow that. A rodent noodling around in your abdomen! Pickle wakes up with Myles at about 4:45 AM and doesn't quit moving until I start walking around downstairs. I don't sleep anymore and I have 3 more months of this business. Either I have severe sleep depravation or a case of the nasty hormones right now.

Example: my late afternoon sticky-ass burning hot vanilla latte slides off the dashboard when myles accellerates out of a parking space -and it splashes all over my legs and feet. Suede shoes and freshly painted toenails covered in crap, car mat and floor soaking... I manage to make it home without really losing my shit, but then I go to get a pair of fresh jeans out of the dryer. Ugh. They barely zip up - or better yet - they barely fit over my thighs. I am a fat beast. Mortified that I have gained so much weight in the last 2 hours, I resort to the bathroom where I whimper and sulk and want to scream. All I want is the fucking latte.

This being said, I'm embarassed that this blog was supposed to concern Ru and El's monumental third birthday. Perhaps I'll redeem myself in another post!

No comments: