Tuesday, March 07, 2006

getting real

All these fun pictures and nothing honest from me. So here goes: next week we find out where Myles matches (or doesn't match) and then we have a general idea of where we will live for the next 5 years. Funny how we're leaving for a Florida vacation on the 15th.. a day before the actual Match Day. Let us escape the madness of med students!

These days have been hard - and although some of them have been great considering that Myles isn't working too much - and I think the anticipation is killing me. Or should I say "us"? I really don't want to pick up and leave this place. If only I could choose the program and the state where Myles would do his residency... I'd relocate to a place where I could escape to the company of good old friends.

Will somebody please make me laugh? I've become such a poop. Didn't I crack up all the time a few years ago? I feel like my eyebrows have formed a permanent scowl recently. (Ew.) Ruby and Eloise do send me over the edge laughing occasionally... I shouldn't forget... but I'm missing those laughs that you have with your friends from college when you've stayed up too late and you don't make sense. Which reminds me, where are my old friends? Did I desert them to become a Doctor's wife?

(Christ I need a fruity cocktail with a generous rum floater... big fresh pineapple garnish... smelling like Coppertone... watching El and Ru splashing about... waiting for my conch fritters with spicy mayo...)

p.s. - do couples make-out anymore? Or is that just something dating people do?... like a complicated mating dance or something? Give me comments people... I need more comments!

No comments: