Friday, January 20, 2006

I'm 30!


DSCN0332.JPG
Originally uploaded by mollieholliday.
For those of you who didn't know, I turned 30 on January 4th. For my own personal celebration I spiced up my lonely afternoon with Ru and El by making a full fancy tea party spread, complete with the Tiffany tea pot and a tablecloth. This is me using the self-timer function on the camera - which is pretty cool because the girls like to look at the flashing light before the camera goes off.

Myles is on call tomorrow so I have a pretty lame day ahead of me - but not to worry. We do have Boogie Wonderland to go to, which is a special family-centric disco party at a local club... they have advertised it as "from James Brown to Jay Z". Considering Eloise's superior dance skills we should have a very good time. All the hoodlums will be there I'm sure.

Did I forget to mention that we had Audrey the wonder nanny start this week? She comes Tuesdays and Thursdays and now I have NO excuse to not get a portfolio or a show together (I think, well, at least that's the idea). She's just the best - and although I'm struggling with extreme guilt while I'm gone - I know it's the right thing. Somehow I can't really see myself getting used to separation from the girls. What does one do when their toddler goes to school full time? Oh my oh my that seems like it should be ages away....

Anyway, I'm really going to attempt to check in on my blog more faithfully and just jot down something - even if it's just to write about gray hairs. I think I feel pressured to post photos, which makes me not update anything. Ugh. I'm such a lazy slug.

No comments: