Monday, March 31, 2008

Live Free Or Die

Apologies for my lack of photos... they have yet to make it onto my computer after our long trip.

But more importantly, we are headed back into the mountains. Myles ended up having to scramble into a Pediatrics residency spot at Dartmouth. I guess the anesthesia programs of the northeast weren't ranking him, so he chose the best possible option. And the funny thing is that I think it's ultimately the best fit for him. He just doesn't know it yet.

People keep asking me how I'm doing. I'm responding with a lot of nervous grins and uncomfortable "you know, I think things like this happen for a reason" comments.

Do things like this happen for a reason? Maybe they do for the sake of showing Myles that he has a gift for working with children...

But what lesson am I learning?

Occasionally in a relationship there is compromise... and other times we throw up our arms and surrender.

No comments: